ACFF ANZ is a non-profit organisation of committed individuals and groups working together to reduce Australia’s most common disease, dental decay. We use research evidence to:
- advise individuals how to reduce their risk of decay;
- assist professionals to manage decay conservatively so as to reverse the decay process where possible and to maintain tooth structure where the decay process is more advanced;
- and to advocate for measures at a community level which are known to be effective in reducing decay experience.
ACFF ANZ Goals:
- to alert everyday people to the fact that tooth decay can be stopped, reversed and prevented.
- to ensure that the public understands that water fluoridation and twice daily tooth brushing with fluoride toothpaste are the best known methods to prevent cavities.
- to shift the focus of dental care from fillings to preventive programs that stop early decay from progressing to cavities.
- to join with all health professionals in advocating for the reduced consumption of sugar – the cause of tooth decay, diabetes, and obesity.
We welcome you to join us as we rise to the challenge.”Wendell Evans Honorary Colgate Associate Professor, Sydney Dental School
Past Co-Chair, Australia-New Zealand Chapter, ACFF