ACFF STRETCH GOAL
Every child born across Europe in 2026 and thereafter should stay cavity-free during their lifetime
- Establishment of a multidisciplinary team of experts and development of the principles of health nutrition of children as an essential part of dental caries prevention.
- Development of dietary guidelines for children, adolescents and teenagers in terms of caries prevention.
- Promotion of the principles of fluoride prevention among children and adolescents in the frame of pre- and postgraduate education.
Involvement in the activities related to caries prevention of the non-dental professionals – general practitioners, pediatricians, nurses, personnel taking care of the children by:
- Education of pediatricians and nurses (series of trainings)
- Education of pediatricians, with the help of the local Associations of Paediatric Dentistry (lectures for doctors)
- Assurance of the educational materials for all those interested in the prevention of dental caries via the website of the local Associations of Paediatric Dentistry.