World Cavity-Free Future Day (WCFFDay) was launched as an initiative in 2016 by the Alliance for a Cavity-Free Future (ACFF). Its mission is to address the need for greater global awareness of dental caries, the disease which, when left unaddressed, can lead to dental cavities. In addition, ACFF focuses on the wider issues that stem from poor dental health and raises global awareness about best practices for the prevention and management of caries and cavities.
WCFFDay is a global awareness day and is celebrated around the world with multiple efforts supported by ACFF Chapters including outreach events, educational drives, free oral-care consultations, professional webinars, school-based education efforts and many more activities coordinated by local communities and partner organisations.
WCFFDay aims to engage communities around the world in this global flight and offers the chance to send a ‘wakeup call’ to those with the ability to make social, economic and political changes to encourage action towards achieving a cavity-free future.
- Worldwide, 60-90% of school children and nearly 100% of adults are affected.
- Caries is the most common chronic disease which is preventable, and goes largely untreated.
- Social and economic determinants affect daily life for those suffering.
- There can be many impacts on quality of life, including pain and discomfort, low self esteem, mental health issues, time lost in school and at work, and poor nutrition habits.
- Treatment can be costly, and remains unaffordable to those who suffer the most.
Help us to help you
Keep Cavity Free
CEE Local Initiatives